Monday, June 8, 2015

Maybelle

I'm going to be a guest artist at Make Studio's kid's art camp for one day this summer! The week I'm going to be a guest, the kids are creating their own creature and doing something different with him every day. I'm going to help them write stories and make their own books about their creatures.

We are going to cram a lot into 3 hours including writing a story, making a simple pamphlet-stitched book with a cover, and writing and illustrating in the book. So of course I had to make one myself first. I resurrected an old book dummy of mine, made changes and shortened it, and now I'm working on Maybelle and the Monster as an example for the class.


Here is my storyboard. I'll be giving them a blank storyboard as well as some ideas for getting to know their character and getting their story started.


I was thinking about lettering and trying to get the text to show up on a dark background. I think I will bring my letter stamps for the kids to use. I'll use them for my book sparingly also.


Here's a line drawing from the book of Maybelle reading to Hector her cat. After all of the drawings are done in black colored pencil I get to color! Yay!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast - let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be fun, Julie! I'll share some photos when it happens.

      Delete