Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lullaby Book at Laura's Studio



I'm here in Santa Fe in Laura Wait's studio and the bookmaking workshop is going great! First Laura showed us some of her books and techniques. Then we circulated around the room and did large abstract writing with sticks, chopsticks, pieces of cedar shingle, and pottery tools.



Then we took full sheets of 22x30 BFK Rives and wrote and painted all over both sides. I also used the stamps of blackbirds and stars that I brought. 

I am making a Lullaby book and as I said in my last post, I was thinking of using the lyrics of Blackbird by the Beatles. And I did write those lyrics and other stream-of-consciousness sleepy words on my papers then obscured them with layers of paint. Here are some of my paintings at the end of the first day.


I decided at some point that I should really write my own text. So I stayed up late and got up early and wrote a rhyming lullaby. !!! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment