Thursday, July 23, 2015

Our Home Picture Book Dummy

I got all of the drawings done for this picture book dummy! They are small- each spread is 4 1/2 x 8 inches. But they are pretty detailed. 

I was pushing myself to work quickly so I could have this dummy done for the LA SCBWI Conference which is next weekend. Even though I was trying to get through the drawings quickly, this is the second complete dummy that I've done for this book and I've been thinking about and doing artwork related to this book for many years. So it's well thought out even if a bit rushed. Sometimes a deadline is all it takes. I would have liked to have time to finish a linocut for another spread, but that will have to happen later.

Here are the Instagram photos that I took along the way.





2 comments:

  1. Wow! Busy making one myself at this very moment, and realize it needs yet another going over. Pressure is good! All the very best, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To you too! May the force be with you and your dummy! Hehe. I'm feeling tired and wacky. :)

      Delete