Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Together: Our Sketchbook Project

This is the first year I've done a book for The Sketchbook Project. Their mobile library came to Steamboat last summer and inspired me to give it a try. I wanted to pick a low-pressure theme. And I wanted to do something with my daughter, Tessa. So we did a collaboration.


She drew on each page with a pen. Then I tried to see an image in her scribble. She is still only 1 1/2, so they really are scribbles. This was a good workout for my brain! I turned her drawings into something using pencil. Once all of the pages were drawn, I went through and added a little color with watercolor.









Doing this book was really fun for me and a good outlet for some random silliness. I definitely want to do more collaborations with Tessa. And I think I may do the Sketchbook Project again also!

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful ... great job to both!!! Maybe your next collaboration will have Tessa doing the watercoloring ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tessa is already a painting maniac, so I wouldn't be surprised. She walks around the house holding her paints and begging. Drawing just isn't quite as fun.

      Delete
  2. These are so lovely! I used to play sketching like that with my dad- taking it in turn to scribble and then to turn it into "something". We never kept the results but seeing yours has brought back happy memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's neat! I'm glad this reminded you of fun drawing with your dad. :)

      Delete