Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Little Print Book Came Back!

Last year in September I made an edition of 5 of these little books. I was feeling kind of isolated in my small mountain town and I wanted to meet more printmakers. So I mailed them out to a few artists I don't really know but admire their work, and to a couple people I do know. One of the books was mailed back to me right away and I never sent it out again. If anyone wants me to mail it to them to start filling with prints, let me know!

This book that has now traveled a corner of the world and returned was first sent to my friend Sherrie York in Salida. Sherrie knows lots of printmakers and I'm not surprised that her connections turned it into such a wonderful treasure. I would like to send everyone who contributed to the book one of my prints as a thank you. So if I don't already have your address, please email it to me! jill@jillbergman.com

Here are photos of the pages with links to the artists-
My blue truck stamp is on the left, Sherrie York from Salida, Colorado on the right

Amie Roman, Cobble Hill, B.C. Canada and B. A. Cavin, Cobble Hill, B.C. Canada

Beverly Koski, Duncan, B.C. Canada and Beverlee McLeod, Cowichan Bay, B.C. Canada

T. Kungold Ammann, Lake Cowichan, B.C. Canada and Adrienne Hall, Bellevue, Washington

Another print by Adrienne Hall on the left and Lori Dean Dyment, Richmond, B.C. Canada on the right

Randie Feil, Victoria, B.C. Canada and Diane Podolsky, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

And a lovely embossed Iris which may be a little hard to see by Roxanne Button, Buffalo, New York

It was so exciting to get this little book back full of art after a year of traveling! Thank you to everyone who contributed and hopefully the other books are still out there making the rounds. :)

11 comments:

  1. Lovely idea! And I recognise some of your contributors.
    I'd love to join in! email on way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dinah- nice to meet you. I'm excited to send you the last book! I'll stick it in the mail soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance of getting in on the action? We're a veritable hot-bed of printmaking here in downtown Toronto. Teaching/making www.victoriacowan.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Jill!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a super idea, count me in the next time you want to do this ,:0))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies!
    It's nice to meet you Victoria. Maybe one day I'll get to visit Toronto and see the hot-bed of printmaking! I live in the hot-bed of skiing. I don't have any other books to send out right now. I'm feeling swamped with things to do so I probably won't start more now. But I'll keep you and Mariann in mind if I do! If anyone wants to start a book themselves, I'd be happy to share what I did to give you ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea - and experience! The art in the books are wonderful. If you ever do this again - feel free to let me know! I've said it before and I'll say it again - you rock Jill- have a Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a Wonderful Thanksgiving too Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful idea...kudos to you and all who participated, am already wondering how to use this in other media??!! best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOOO awesome! I want to figure out a way to adapt this and try it... on my list of many things to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete