A blog about printmaking, children's illustration, and books.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
A little while ago I posted sketches from the dummy I'm working on now. I just finished it! I got to the end and still hadn't decided what to draw for the cover. All along, I thought somewhere in the story would be a spread like this showing a cut-away or map of the important places in the story. But it never happened. When I asked my husband what I should do for the cover he had this same idea. So I tried it! I think it's kind of cool. The flaps on either side of the lines would fold under the covers. The city is taking up a bit too much space, but I'm not going to worry about that yet.
So actually the front cover would look like this--- (plus title etc.)