Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Foam Stamps with Kids


Earlier in April I did a fun project with the preschoolers and kindergarteners at my daughter's school, Mountain Village Montessori Charter School. I did a simple line drawing with hills, a river, pond, train tracks, houses, roads, a school and a farm. And then I added lots more foam stamps to the ones that I'd already made for a similar project I did a couple years ago at our library.



It started out pretty calm and organized.


But it soon got very busy with lots of kids stamping!


Above is my friend, Ann who was a big help teaching with me. There were three classes of children who added to our long skinny picture, or about 60 kids. Half way through the project we realized the picture was filling up so much that it was running out of empty spots for stamps! So I got out the other similar drawing I'd started as a practice piece with my daughter. We'd done some stamps on that one but it still had plenty of room. The children filled that one up too and at the end there were two 12 foot long pictures chock full of stamps. A good time was had by all! And hopefully all that ink did wash out of clothes and hands. I swear the ink pads say they are washable ink!

No comments:

Post a Comment