Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Counting Serpent


Things are changing quickly around my house! My daughter just started preschool, started drawing people with recognizable features and bodies, AND is counting to 20 all by herself only sometimes skipping fifteen. :) How timely that I just finished The Counting Serpent! It's a companion to go with The Alphabet Dragon. They are about how hard and scary it can be learning letters, numbers, reading, and math but how wonderful it is once you learn how it all works. Reading and numbers can become your good friends taking you on new adventures.

Below are the two linoleum blocks together, the bottom one has been printed and is stained with ink and the top one hasn't been printed yet in the photo.


I'm scrambling to get ready for the Rocky Mountain Chapter SCBWI Conference coming up soon in Denver. I've ordered a portfolio book and postcards. I can't wait to see them! I'll share a photo of them when they arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment