Sunday, February 1, 2015

Cardinal


The little Cardinal is finally done! It's a 4x5 inch 3 color print. It's done on top of a background that I rolled out with a carved brayer. And the word Cardinal was made with stamps.

I wanted to do a multi color print because I'm going to be teaching a beginning linocut class at the Steamboat Art Museum in March and I needed a refresher on mulit-block prints. For the last long time I've been carving one block and then painting the print with watercolor. I'm trying to mix things up for myself and try different techniques though so this was perfect.

I do hope to do a little series of birds and bird houses to go with this print. I think they would make sweet greeting cards.

Here are some process photos for the fun of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment