Sunday, December 7, 2014

Withershins


Here is the latest page I did for the collaborative book I'm making with Clara Boza. The word she gave me was Withershins. What a  great word! I had to look it up:

withershins (ˈwɪðəˌʃɪnz; Scottish ˈwɪðər-or widdershins adv
1. (Astronomy) in the direction contrary to the apparent course of the sun; anticlockwise
2. in a direction contrary to the usual; in the wrong direction. 



Here is my sketchbook page with the stamps I carved. It shows the development of the layout and colors. 

There are some things that I like about the way this page turned out, especially considering the experimental path I seem to be on lately. I think you can tell if you scroll back through this blog that I've been working on developing some textures and spontaneity with stamps and drawing in addition to linocuts. I have some favorite artists that I'm drawing inspiration from and I'll share some of their artwork in a blog post soon!

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable...love the softness of it and great way to illustrate the word! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julia- Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete