Sunday, November 30, 2014

Merry Christmas


I decided to try and squeeze in the time for a new Christmas card. Here are two foxes cuddling in a  holly wreath. This was a fun little print to do and hopefully you will see a lot more card images in 2015!

Here are a few process photos-


The carved linoleum block.


Printing the image.


Here is the black and white image before I painted it. On this print I added some snowflake stamps with white and silver and then painted over them quite a bit for the final picture. I didn't originally think I would like the added snowflakes, I thought it looked too busy. So first I painted one that was plain, but the colors I chose didn't look good on that first round. So for my second painting attempt, I used this one with extra snow. It does look busier, but I like it. It has more texture. 

I'm having cards printed by my great local printer, Element Print. The will be for sale at Lyon Drug as soon as I can get them in the store. Merry Christmas!


4 comments:

  1. Jill, this is so pretty and relays the Peace of the Season. Can cards be purchased from you for people that just can't get into the Drug Store? Do you have a Christmas assortment collection or just the Foxes? Sandra Bennett Schram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandra! I sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete