Sunday, March 16, 2014

Jello Continued

In the last post I talked about the jello theme for this month's Assignment Bootcamp. I fiddled around with sliced oranges and other fruits that could look good with a jello pattern. But a lot of other people were also using a fruit theme, and there are some amazing artists who do beautiful work in this group! I didn't feel like I had anything new or different to add compared to what I'd already seen done by other people.


So instead, I drew round shapes inspired by the old glass jello moulds and carved them into stamps. Then I discovered how hard it is to actually make a pattern look good even if you have some fun icons to use! Yikes! I tried grids and groupings, colors and monochromatic. I only made one worth sharing- this orange background with white stamps.


Now I have lots more ideas to try and I can't wait to see how they turn out!

1 comment: