Sunday, December 29, 2013

Assignment Bootcamp


I signed up for Lilla Roger's Assignment Bootcamp. I'm excited! This is a 6 week series of assignments with a warm-up before each one and a place to share completed artwork. It's not a class with interaction from a teacher, but Lilla Rogers is good at inspiring you and getting you in the right frame of mind. For example, the assignments start in February but when you register you get some worksheets about setting up a workspace and making a commitment to the class.

Although I have a studio in my house, it's not a safe place for the baby so I haven't been spending much time there. Her playpen is crammed in the room and she'll play with toys for 15 minutes when I'm also in the room talking to her. The only way I get artwork done though is to be flexible and work anywhere in the house even if it's only for 10 minutes at a time.

So, in the spirit of "setting up a workspace" I've decided to make a lovely Art Travel Box that has all the things I need and some handles. I can keep everything tidy in there and work at the kitchen table, on the floor in the living room, in my studio, or in the baby's room- wherever I have a few minutes. I think it will be fun designing and decorating the box. I was partly inspired by this wonderful birdhouse Rafael Lopez and his son built. Check it out, it's gorgeous! My box won't be so detailed, but it will be handy!


No comments:

Post a Comment