I finally got to print today! I'll paint this little 4 x 6 inch print tomorrow, but here's the black and white version for now. This is the block that I used as a demo in my last post. Here's how it looks carved.
I tried something new today for this print. It was almost two years ago that I first tried Gamblin Relief Ink and loved it. It is a little thinner than ink I've used before, it prints details beautifully, and it has really strong color. I'm actually only halfway through my jar of ink two years later and it's getting thick, tacky, and frustrating to work with. So I ordered a tube of Gamblin Tack Reducer. A glob of that mixed in with the ink on my palette turned it back into nice, loose ink- yay!!