Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Aspen Path Painted




































Here's my latest print painted with watercolor. It's hard to believe, but the linocut was printed with the new brown ink I mentioned in my last post. It's so dark that it's hard to tell even up close and in person that it's not black. But I love it! It just comes across as a really warm black. I'll definitely be using it more.
It's the tail end of fall here. I can feel snow on its way this afternoon. But we've had a lovely autumn with great weather and lots of chances to walk on aspen lined paths!

4 comments:

  1. This turned out so nice Jill! I love the colors of the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke! I haven't painted anything in quite a while. It took me 2 tries to get it right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing - so different from the way my mind's eye coloured it from your last post! In my mind it was lush and green and I could almost hear the dripping sound and smell the wet mustiness (apparently my mind also has an ear and a nose...) What a lovely surprise to find it equally beautiful in bright and rusty autumn colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're just in the mood for summer, aren't you Anna? Lucky you, it's coming your way!
    Maybe I should paint one in summer greens too for the fun of it. :)

    ReplyDelete