Thursday, March 18, 2010

Evergreen book DONE!

I shipped the finished copy of my book Evergreen to Alicia Bailey at Abecedarian Gallery yesterday. Yeah! She is going to put it in a display in the NCAR library in Boulder, CO.

In these photos, I've attached the art and put on the brass strips to frame each image. I painted the wooden pieces to frame the samples and got the leather straps ready. I put in the tree samples and covered them with mylar. I attached the wooden pieces to hold in the mylar.
Next- sewing! Then I worked on the leather straps to get them ready to attach to the book with the help of my assistant Zoe kitty.
Done- Whew!






























2 comments:

  1. Wow- just lovely, i want to hold it to get the whole experience- do you know about the Ah Haa School over here in Telluride that does a lot with altered books and has a book binding school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia- Thanks for stopping by to check out my book!

    I have seen a catalog from the Ah Haa School. It looks like a neat place. Have you taken any classes there? I love going beautiful places & taking art classes.

    ReplyDelete