Friday, August 31, 2018

The Yampa Is Wild Mural Progress

We are painting!!!! I've been so busy I haven't posted, but lots of progress has been made on the mural. I want to share the online sign-up form if you'd like to come and help.

I'd also like to let you know that we are still doing fundraising to get the mural completed and Friends of the Yampa has a lovely informational page if you'd like to donate or share it with friends. They only have 2 framed original linocuts of mine left if you'd like to donate $2000 and receive one as a reward. These prints were created by hand- first I carved the block, and then inked and printed it. Next each black and white print was painted with watercolor. And they were framed beautifully by Steamboat Frame Works.

Friday September 7 we are celebrating our volunteers and our progress with a party! If you can stop by to see our workspace and what I've been up to, I'd be really happy to see you. In Steamboat, head toward the Ski Area, turn onto Burgess Creek Rd and take the first right into a parking lot. Drive around the lot toward the front or side of the Clock Tower Building and park- don't worry about the No Parking signs, that's just for the winter. Walk down the pavers, not up the stairs. We are in the basement and will have snacks and drinks.

Now to the good stuff- Here are a bunch of photos, from the beginning to our progress so far. It's exciting!

Our workspace with my daughter standing in front of the roll of polytab that the mural will be painted on.




















No comments:

Post a Comment