Thursday, November 10, 2011

Illustration Friday: Stripes

Driving across Colorado the other day we passed a factory putting out puffs of white steam. It reminded me that when I was really young I thought that factories with towers putting out white and gray columns of steam, smoke, and/or mysterious chemicals were actually where clouds were made. I mean obviously, they LOOK like they are making clouds, right?
This week's Illustration Friday prompt Stripes influenced the way I colored this doodle from my sketch book. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of factories making clouds! That is really cool. Love the stripey towers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a not very pretty subject - factory chimneys - into something really attractive with the stripes and the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe this is a great concept :D

    ReplyDelete