Friday, December 8, 2017

Dancing with the Waves



I've finished another print in this new white and black series! This is Dancing with the Waves. I really loved carving and printing both this one and the stars. Next I'm going to make birds flying!!! (My favorite.) I'm not adding these to my website yet until there are enough to make their own page, because they don't really fit into any of the categories on my site. I think they will look really good all together.
Below I'll include a few process photos.


The image is drawn on the block and ready to carve.


Details, details, details!


This is the block ready to print and photographed in some high contrast light. I had fun carving the background too. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the froth rolling on the crest of the waves! Can't wait to see the birds next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! Yes, I'm excited to get started on the birds! :)

      Delete