Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Goin' Out West









There's a Tom Waits song I love from Bone Machine called Goin' Out West. I've had it in my head for a couple days because I'm on my way to California! If only the lyrics were true....
Well I'm goin' out west
Where the wind blows tall...
They got some money out there
They're giving it away
I'm gonna do what I want
And I'm gonna get paid

I'm flying out to LA for the SCBWI conference- Yeah! My printer broke down just as I was getting ready to print pages for my dummy and portfolio. So I had to scramble to have other people print them. After lots of stress everything is ready. Of course it cost plenty to have my stuff printed- almost $200. That was my food money. I may be eating that portfolio before the weekend is over.
I can't wait to be there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment